Branch Managers achieve success through the development and leadership of their team and are responsible for all aspects of branch operations including customer service, growth and compliance.
Reports to: SVP, Branch Administration
Type: Full time, Exempt
Job Summary: The Branch Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, including operations, growth and retention of the branch’s customer base, customer service, internal controls, and security and safety in accordance with the Bank’s objectives. Branch Managers have a strong belief in the company’s vision and core values and are effective at change management. Branch Managers achieve success through the development and leadership of their team and are responsible for all aspects of branch operations including customer service, growth and compliance.
- Development and retention of a team capable of consistent balanced branch performance.
- Daily coaching through training meetings, on the spot coaching, observation and leadership by example. This training gives employees the knowledge necessary to perform their job duties.
- Providing consistent feedback including recognition, so that employees know what is expected as well as how they are performing against expected standards.
- Training of team to a high level of fluency with RMB’s products and services. This enhances employee belief and gives them confidence to consistently recommend RMB’s products and services as solutions to our customers’ financial needs.
- Awareness of key measurements related to branch performance. These measurements include, but are not limited to, growth of deposits and in the number of households, the depth of relationships with customers and individual team members’ contribution towards these measurements.
- Ensure a commitment to quality work including looking out for the customers’ and Bank’s best interests.
- Involvement with customers and employees throughout the day. Ideally, Branch Managers are present and available as a resource to assist customers, help employees and provide on the spot recognition/coaching.
- Community involvement representing and strengthening the RMB ‘brand’.
- Ensures that own work and that of branch employees is in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, guidelines and company policies. Exhibits a thorough understanding of and compliance with all banking regulations and company policies as required by the position.
- Assess risk of all financial transactions executed by bank personnel.
- Manage income and expense to compliment the office budget.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Post high school education preferred with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in retail banking environment required.
- Supervisory and lending experience beneficial.
- Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to interview, hire, and train employees;
- Planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated social skills
- Ability to adjust to flexible hours
- Ability to sell products and services
- Professional grooming and adherence to dress code
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This job is executed in an office setting, with frequent interruptions and some stressful situations in addition to a possible limited workspace.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will ever be required of an employee in the job.