Specialty Lending Intern
The Specialty Lending Intern will support the growth of our Specialty Lending portfolio.
Reports to: Director, Specialty Lending
Location: New York Office
Job Summary: The intern will work as part of a lean team based out of New York City. Responsibilities will encompass: supporting the growth of our Specialty Lending portfolio, consisting of consumer and small business loans, lender financing warehouse loans, and corporate loans; supporting the entire credit lifecycle with data analytics, research, statistical modeling, documentation, and portfolio monitoring.
- Analytics support to the team, including data extraction, cleaning, and analyzing using analytical and statistical tools such as Excel, Python
- Quantitative diligence of asset opportunities, including developing loss and payment forecasts for the consumer and small business loans
- Developing machine learning-based credit risk models on large data sets
- Developing cash flow models under various structured scenarios
- Data reconciliation, weekly/monthly portfolio reporting, and model documentation
- Ad hoc projects to support the business
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a quantitative field, including mathematics, statistics, engineering, econometrics, and operations research
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: statistics, data mining, machine learning, credit risk modeling
- Prior hands-on Python coding experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Working knowledge of statistical modeling methodologies a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This job is executed in an office setting, with frequent interruptions and some stressful situations in addition to a possible limited workspace.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will ever be required of an employee in the job.