Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for working to grow deposits, loans, and other products and services.
Reports to: Market Manager or Customer Service Manager
Type: Full time or Part time, Exempt
Job Summary: Provide superior customer service. Assist customers with specialized services, new account opening, and cross-selling of bank products.
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all contacts, customers and potential customers.
- Comply with all department, company, and regulatory policies and procedures, specifically CSR/New Account Policy and Procedures.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Process telephone transfers.
- Open new accounts including checking, savings, money market, safe deposit box, certificate of deposit, and ATM/debit card.
- Order customer checks and endorsement stamps.
- Answer telephone calls in a friendly, timely, and professional manner.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance to all work areas including the teller area, vault area, and branch lobby.
- Function as an integral member of the entire branch team.
- May train new employees and answer co-worker questions.
- Comply with all Federal, State, and Bank regulations and policies.
- Perform research pertaining to customer questions, issues, or problems.
- May be required to perform teller functions as needed.
- May be responsible for bank opening/closing.
- Participate in and complete all regulatory compliance training and testing.
- Ensure that work is in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies located on Rocky Mountain Bank’s Commons drive. Policies include but are not limited to Fair Lending, Know Your Customer, USA PATRIOT Act, and Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of and compliance with all banking regulations as required by the position.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detailed oriented, high degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- The ability to rationalize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer skills to include working knowledge of programs such as Word and Excel.
- Mathematical skills
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to cross sell bank’s products
- Ability to work Saturday hours
- Knowledge of various federal regulations (Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Regulation E) and employees’ roles and responsibilities relating to each act.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent skills required.
- Previous Teller or Banking experience preferred but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This job is executed in an office setting, with frequent interruptions and some stressful situations in addition to a possible limited workspace.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will ever be required of an employee in the job.