Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer is responsible for working to grow deposits, loans, and other products and services.
Reports to: SVP, Branch Administration
Type: Full time, Exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for working within the community to grow deposits and loans and to sell other Bank products and services. Additionally, the Business Development Officer is responsible for providing superior customer service to existing Rocky Mountain Bank customers and for helping the branch to achieve its goals.
- Increase the branch market share in terms of deposits, loans, and the number of households by identifying, developing, and enhancing relationships with existing and prospective customers.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with Rocky Mountain Bank’s large (>$50K combined balances) deposit/loan customers to facilitate growth and enhance retention.
- Represent the Bank within the local community through active participation in local events and with community-related organizations.
- Participate in marketing activities connected to bank products and services.
- Coordinate marketing and banking activities with the SVP, Branch Administration to ensure that a consistent and unified approach is applied to the market.
- Consistently network with clients and potential clients through telephone lead strategies, meetings with existing and prospective customers, industry events, customer appreciation events, and customer focus group sessions. It is expected that a meaningful portion of each day will be utilized calling on existing and prospective customers at their place of business.
- Identify and follow up on prospective customer leads as well as work to assist current customers with their evolving needs.
- Maintain fluency in Rocky Mountain Bank products and services so as to be able to effectively recommend them to customers inside the bank as well as to prospective customers.
- Maintain an accurate log of community events attended along with any follow-up effort and track work is done to acquire new/retain existing customers.
- Provide regular market updates to senior management.
- Ensures that own work is in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, guidelines, and company policies; Exhibits a thorough understanding of and compliance with all banking regulations and company policies as required by the position.
- Strong knowledge of the economic drivers that impact the market and influential individuals and companies within the market.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in customer service or relationship management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven track record in working with all levels of branch and company management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This job is executed in an office setting, with frequent interruptions and some stressful situations in addition to a possible limited workspace.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will ever be required of an employee in the job.